Our Response to COVID-19
Back to News
At Mandel Group, our mission is to provide unyielding customer service and contribute to the betterment of the community while demonstrating the highest degree of integrity and respect for our residents and those with whom we do business.
Beginning in March, 2020, the evolving coronavirus situation has impacted us all in ways we never expected. As circumstances continue to change, we remain steadfast in our commitment to following the lead of public health authorities (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and local government authorities) and adapting our policies and practices to meet their most up-to-date recommendations.
To help slow the spread of coronavirus and to support those who have been directly impacted, the following protocols remain in place at Mandel communities:
- All Mandel Associates wear face masks and expect that residents and guests do the same when inside our offices.
- We require safe social distancing (minimum of 6 feet) when conversing.
- We support mask mandates that are in place in our cities and states and request that masks be worn by residents when outside of their apartment homes.
- We continue to perform enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols in common areas, including frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- We continue to limit the use of amenities such as our pools, fitness centers and clubrooms so we comply with mandated capacity limits and social distancing requirements.
- We encourage interactions with our associates and the management office to be done electronically, as much as possible. Phone, email and our online resident portal are available for emergency needs and routine requests.
- Our Maintenance Associates, when inside an apartment home, require social distancing of at least six feet and face coverings at all times.
- We have limited and/or modified resident events to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- We offer virtual, no contact and/or touchless tours with prospective residents to limit the number of people entering our communities and to lessen exposure.
Beyond these protocols, the basics have not changed. So much of our success in managing through the pandemic depends on personal habits. With that in mind, we continue to encourage our residents, guests, and associates to:
- Wash hands often
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid close contact with individuals who aren’t feeling well
- Practice safe social distancing
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue away and wash your hands
- Avoid touching our nose, eyes, and mouth
- Disinfect and wipe down frequently touched objects
As always, the well-being and safety of our residents and associates is our number one priority. We are honored by the trust placed in us and we are committed to doing our part during this ongoing crisis.
Back to News