Mandel Group, Inc., a Milwaukee, WI leader in residential and mix-used property development, is searching for a seasonal, summer, full-time intern looking to join our team and grow.
The Development Intern will work with leading development team members and independently on numerous facets of the development process to enhance your education. There will be a strong focus on assisting with and editing financial pro formas related to multifamily and mixed-used developments. As such, advanced skills in Excel is required for this position.
In addition, we anticipate the intern will work in many phases of property development. Our development process can be fluid and unpredictable at times. The specific development of skills may be dependent on the various stages deals are in during the time of the internship, but could work such as:
- Strategy: participate on a high-level during development strategy meetings and assist with memorializing standards in design and construction at Mandel;
- Due Diligence: participate in the due diligence process, including collecting title surveys, ALTA surveys, title commitments, geotechnical reports, environmental reports, and other items needed to consider the purchase of a property;
- Financial: complete market studies and develop the technical skills to create pro forma for multifamily or mixed-up developments, as well as review tax and financing documents;
- Design: participate in design meetings to understand the process of development through constructability and material selection lens;
- Environmental: review environmental Phase I, Phase II and Remedial Action Plans to understand environmental and mitigation concerns;
- Entitlements: participate in and assist in preparing for meetings to secure zoning approvals and entitlements.
Mandel is accepting applications from intern candidates who have completed at least their junior year of undergrad, with a preference for those seeking and working towards a graduate degree.